Monday, April 30, 2018
Audiology, Custom Ear Molds, Hearing, Hearing Aids, Hearing Exam, Hearing Loops, Hearing Loss, Hearing Protection, T-Coil
- Men are more likely than women to experience hearing loss.
- One in five Americans over age 12 has hearing loss in at least one ear. This number is expected to double by 2030.
- There is a direct link between age and hearing loss: About 18% of American adults between 45 and 54, 30% of adults between 65 and 74, and 47% of adults ages 75 and older have hearing impairments.
- In the United States, three out of every 1,000 children born deaf or hard-of-hearing.
- About 26 million Americans between the ages of 20 and 69 have high-frequency hearing loss due to exposure to loud noises at work, or during leisure activities.
- About 60% of deployed military servicemen and women have noise-induced hearing loss, tinnitus (ringing in the ear), or other hearing activities.
- Impairment of auditory activity and tinnitus are more likely to occur in Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans than post-traumatic stress syndrome.
- High levels of cotinine, the chemical that indicates exposure to tobacco smoke and secondhand smoke, have been directly linked to higher risks of some types of hearing loss.
501-778-3868 or 501-922-0053