Hearing is an important tool in a child’s growth!
10 signs that could be indicating hearing loss in your child:
1. The child does not startle at loud noises.
2. She does not turn to the source of a sound after 6 months of age.
3. Does not say single words, such as “dada” or “mama” by 1 year of age.
4. Turns head when he or she sees you but not if you only call out his or her name. This sometimes is mistaken for not paying attention or just ignoring, but could be the result of a partial or complete hearing loss.
5. Seems to hear some sounds but not others.
6. Complains of ringing noise in her ears (a sign of tinnitus).
7. Speech is not clear.
8. Does not follow directions. This sometimes is mistaken for not paying attention or just ignoring, but could be the result of a partial or complete hearing loss.
9. Often says, “Huh?”
10. Turns the TV volume up too high.
Click on the link below to read the full article
Dr. Reddy Sivaprasad is the head of training and Clinical Development, Amplifon India (Gurgaon).Leave a reply